Graphic Design Intern
Greenleaf Book Group is currently looking for a graphic design intern to assist our design department. As an intern, you'll be working closely with our team and art director to gain knowledge and experience of the inner workings of a publishing company.
Assist the design and production staff on various projects
- Designing marketing collateral, including both print and online ads
- Assisting in preparation of final files for printers
- Creating infographics for book interiors, depending upon level of software knowledge
- Inputting editorial changes into composed manuscript pages
- Performing checks to ensure editorial changes have been entered correctly
- Composing pages of books, depending upon level of software knowledge
- Researching photos for use on covers and in interiors of books
- Scanning photos and preparing well-formed digital photo files
- Assisting with administrative tasks when necessary
- Major in graphic design, digital publishing, or similar area of study
- Excessive attention to detail
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat
- An understanding of digital graphic file types and file preparation for various uses
- An interest in the book publishing industry
- Professional demeanor
We are presently accepting applications for the position to start immediately, 20-25 hours per week, flexible days/times, and will be paid hourly.
To apply, please email your resumé along with a link to your portfolio, or a PDF of your work, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greenleaf Book Group is an independent publisher and distributor dedicated to empowering authors. We partner with authors on every aspect of developing and promoting big ideas, from branding to book creation, promotion, and retail distribution. Our team works to create exceptional books and design a custom-built strategy to ensure its success in the retail market.