Greenleaf Book Group has a great opportunity for an ambitious, intelligent, experienced designer who is interested in applying his/her expertise to one of the fastest-growing companies in America. The ideal candidate has sharp instincts for the book business, a strong design background, and a desire to work with a fun team of individuals in a small, but fast-paced environment.
The Designer performs a variety of tasks, primarily serving as the lead designer on a variety of book projects, from our flagship imprint, Greenleaf Book Group (GBG) Press to print-on-demand (POD). This person’s responsibilities may also include creating marketing and branding deliverables, and producing other design-related deliverables for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain Greenleaf Book Group’s reputation for high-level service to its clients and uphold the company’s CORE values.
- Communicate clearly and professionally to internal team members about task status and any issues they encounter
- Independently manage priorities and meet the assigned due dates on schedule
- Perform other tasks, such as designing marketing ads, designing Speaker Press Kits, creating ARC covers, providing files for Marketing, and providing prepressing files, as needed
- Independently perform lead designer duties, including cover design, page design, and other design tasks as needed
- Experienced in Adobe Suite, specifically with InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Efficient multitasking and prioritization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention-to-detail
- Enthusiastic self-motivator
- Collaborative team player
- Good client management skills
- General interest in book production and printing
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor
- An associate’s degree in Graphic Design; bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least three years of experience in the design function, preferably in the book publishing industry
Here's what we offer:
- A fun, exciting environment
- An intelligent, driven, and friendly staff
- Salary plus benefits: medical, disability, prescription, life, holidays, vacation, retirement plan, flexible spending account, HSA, and profit sharing.
Company: Greenleaf Book Group
Contact: Carrie Jones | firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS OR VISITS, PLEASE.