Greenleaf Book Group is looking for an intelligent, positive, and highly organized team player to fill the vital role of Project Manager. If you are great at managing projects and keeping team members focused on deadlines; are extremely attentive to detail; and have at least 3 years of experience in publishing, advertising, or a related industry, this role may be the right fit for you. You must be capable of delivering quality service in a fast-paced environment. Experience in managing the editing, design, and composition of books is a plus; experience in client management is a must. Greenleaf Book Group is an independent publisher with a dynamic, small-office atmosphere.
- Maintaining Greenleaf Book Group’s reputation for high-level service to its clients
- Managing the project throughout the production process, from manuscript submission through the delivery of final printed books
- Overseeing client expectations and delivering an outstanding publishing experience to our authors
- Developing project schedules and communicating due dates to clients and team members
- Tracking production tasks and due dates to ensure the clients and team members remain on schedule
- Leading day-to-day communications with clients, vendors, and internal teams;
- Problem-solving client concerns and requests
- Determining printer requirements for each project and working with designers to ensure that complete and correct files are provided
- Working closely with other departments to ensure that projects move smoothly from acquisition through production and into distribution and marketing
- Exceptional communication–in writing, over the phone, and in person
- Skillful problem-solving
- Extreme systematic organization
- Self-motivation to exceed project and author expectations
- A remarkable attention to detail
- The ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Adaptability to work both independently and within a team
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Three years of project management in a client-driven environment
- A great sense of humor and a positive attitude
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite; FileMaker Pro a plus
This will be a full-time position with a salary and benefits. To apply, please send your resume (subject line: Project Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or visits please.
Greenleaf Book Group is an Austin-based book publisher and distributor dedicated to helping authors take their big ideas and make them a reality. We do that through a strong ethos of stewardship that unites our passion for client service with a best-in-class suite of publishing and branding services.
Since our start in 1997, we have continually evolved to meet the needs of our authors. Thousands of projects later (and with over 35 New York Times and Wall Street Journal best sellers), our award-winning editorial and design, robust marketing, innovative branding, and expert distribution capabilities have led to partnerships with some of the greatest thought leaders and independent authors from around the world. Visit www.greenleafbookgroup.com to learn more.