Great Opportunity With Austin-Based Book Publisher
Do you have a fairly serious book reading habit? (evidenced perhaps by a stack of books next to your nightstand that never seems to go down no matter how many books you read : )
Are you naturally a positive person who believes that the glass is always ‘half full’?
Are punctuality and reliability part of your DNA?
Do you enjoy interacting with people and shaping client experiences?
If so, we have a great entry level opportunity for a Publishing Assistant who is passionate about books and the power of big ideas; and someone who exemplifies our core value of stewardship, which guides how we treat each other and our clients. If everything so far is describing who you are (and how you roll : ) please keep reading!
Greenleaf Book Group is an Austin-based book publisher and distributor that is dedicated to helping authors take their big ideas and make them a reality. We do that through a strong ethos of client stewardship that unites our passion for client service with a best-in-class suite of publishing and branding services.
Since our start in 1997, we have continually evolved to meet the needs of our authors. Thousands of projects later (and with over 35 New York Times and Wall Street Journal best sellers), our award-winning editorial and design, robust marketing, innovative branding and expert distribution capabilities have led to partnerships with some of the greatest thought leaders and independent authors from around the world.
What You Will Do:
• Manage GBG’s front desk and multi-line phone system.
• Provide a warm welcome to GBG guests and set up conference rooms for client visits.
• Manage client pub date gifts.
• Manage GBG’s company quarterly outings including volunteer events and holiday parties.
• Manage preparation for staff meetings and other team meetings.
• Keep the GBG team well supplied through timely ordering of supplies, miscellaneous supply/grocery runs, and re-stocking kitchens.
• Assist Accounting Team with client payments/bank deposits.
• Assist Consultants with the creation and launching of printing contracts.
• Manage maintenance requests.
• Manage GBG’s company’s calendar.
• Manage all postage, mailings and overnight packages.
• Setting up work spaces for new hires and coordinating onboarding process.
• Assisting the Executive Team as needed (including occasional travel arrangement needs).
• Assisting teams with special projects as needed.
• Assist with other projects and needs as requested.
What we offer:
- A fun, vibrant and dynamic office environment (casual dress, company-sponsored
outings, etc.) and a good work/life balance.
- Competitive salary.
- Medical, dental, disability and life insurance.
- Generous paid holiday / paid time-off policy.
- 401k / retirement plan with fully-vested company match.
- Company-covered EAP (employee assistance program).
What we need from you:
- Ability to professionally handle a multi-line phone system.
- 3-5 years of experience working in an office or business setting.
- Great attitude; team player and effective multi-tasker.
- The Publishing Assistant has a direct impact on our clients’ experience, so the right person is naturally positive, likes to smile and has great customer service skills.
- A love for reading and genuine interest in books and the publishing industry.
- Detail-oriented and accurate; super reliable and punctual.
- An ability to anticipate needs and take the initiative.
- Strong writing and verbal skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint).
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience).
- Ability to prioritize and complete a multitude of time-sensitive tasks in an accurate, efficient, and collaborative manner.
- A good sense of humor.
- You will need to be resourceful, adaptable and open to new challenges.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- You must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- You must have reliable transportation.
- An immediate availability.
- Any prior experience with a publisher or the publishing industry.
- Please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Publishing Assistant Position”)
Greenleaf Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
No relocation assistance available.
No recruiters, phone calls or office visits please.