Keep Active After Your Book’s Launch with This Ongoing Marketing Checklist
After the initial flurry of publication day marketing, promotion, and publicity, it’s important to continually be promoting your book and driving traffic to retailers whether that’s by seeking out fresh promotions or staying active and up-to-date on your social platforms.
The following checklist provides just a few of the many ideas to consider post-publication that can contribute to the continued success of your book. Follow the links below and download the ongoing marketing checklist for more details.
- Audit opportunities: Periodically, set aside time to examine communication around your book and brand, evaluate the success of past initiatives, and brainstorm new ideas.
- Keep your website fresh: Keep your website updated with content improvements and blog posts to keep consumers coming back for more.
- Engage on social media: Connect with consumers and resonate with your audience with relevant messaging and appropriate content.
- Contribute content: Establish yourself as an expert to a wider audience by contributing content such as blog posts, articles, and interviews to media outlets with similar consumer bases.
- Optimize your newsletter: Deepen your engagement with readers by offering a regular newsletter with exclusive content, curated news, and updates on coming events.
- Take advantage of seasonal promotions: Tap into the evergreen facets of your content and renew interest in your book around holidays, events, and news stories.
- Continue to secure consumer reviews: Keep a pipeline of potential reveiws open by running quarterly giveaways and asking your community to spread the word.
- Consider a limited-time ebook promotion: Discounting your eBook for a limited time and following up with some form of advertising is a great way to stimulate sales, reach new readers, and potentially secure Amazon best-seller status.
- Invest in targeted consumer advertising: Many platforms, such as Amazon, Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, offer pay-per-click advertising that can be coordinated through Greenleaf and allows for your book to be more widely promoted on-site.
- Pursue direct selling opportunities: Greenleaf authors retain full cover price when selling books directly, so be sure to pursue direct sales opportunities with corporations and professional organizations.
If you have questions about these steps or want to discuss how to continually promote your book after publication, Greenleaf's marketing and branding team is here to help. Contact us anytime.